Please note that the Department of Health has informed the South African Society of Travel Medicine that as of 01 October 2011 all travellers returning from or transiting through Zambia will be required to show proof of a yellow fever vaccination certificate on arrival in South Africa (unless in possession of a valid waiver certificate).
All travellers who are unable to produce a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate at the port of entry will either be refused entry or quarantined until their certificate becomes valid or for a period of not more than six days.
Embassy of the United States
877 Pretorius Street, Arcadia, Pretoria
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information
US Embassy: Elizabeth Kennedy Trudeau | 012-431-4217 | 079-111-8280 |
New Procedures for U.S. Visa Application
April 4, 2011 – Beginning April 7, 2011, the U.S. Mission to South Africa is introducing a new visa appointment system for non-immigrant visa interviews, which will mean fewer fees for applicants.
There are two important changes as of April 7:
- Applicants will no longer have to pay or buy a PIN number to make an appointment for a visa interview;
- Successful applicants may pick up their visas for free at a pre-selected DHL location. Applicants will retain the option of paying DHL for home/office delivery, or paying for expedited delivery to a DHL office.
Under the new system:
- Applicants must first complete the online application: http://southafrica.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html
- Applicants then must pay the visa application fee at an ABSA bank branch. Applicants must first obtain a preprinted special deposit slip, visit http://southafrica.usvisa-info.com or call the call center (080-098-0444, 021-300-9700, 031-100-3000, 010-500-8800 or from the US, 1-703-439-2301). Applicants should not attempt any payment in connection with U.S. visas except at http:/southafrica.usvisa-info.com or by calling one of the phone numbers given above. Applicants may need to wait up to four hours for the deposit to be posted before they are able to re-contact the call center/website to continue with the booking.
- Applicants then must make a visa appointment either online at http://southafrica.usvisa-info.com/ or by phone at 080-098-0444, 021-300-9700, 031-100-3000, 010-500-8800 or from the US, 1-703-439-2301.
Applicants who booked before April 7 but have an appointment between April 7 and April 30, 2011 will be contacted regarding their payment options.
The change in visa fee collection applies only to non-immigrant visa applicants. Persons applying for immigrant or fiancée visas will continue to pay fees at the U.S. Consulate General in Johannesburg using the existing application process.
Please Note: Only the non-immigrant visa appointment system and the location for non-immigrant visa fee collection are changing. All other requirements relating to eligibility and documentation for U.S. non-immigrant visas remain unchanged.
Information about applying for a U.S. non-immigrant visa is available on the U.S. Mission to South Africa website http://southafrica.usembassy.gov and on the U.S. visa appointment website http://southafrica. usvisa-info.com. Additional information is also available through the call center at 080-098-0444, 021-300-9700, 031-100-3000, 010-500-8800 or from the US, 1-703-439-2301 between 8 AM through 8 PM Monday through Friday, local time.
Qantas Waiver Policy - Cyclone Yasi as at 02 Feb 2011
AER LINGUS cabin crew strike - 1st Feb 2011 ( 1400hrs )
We have been informed by Aer Lingus that the industrial action by their cabin crew is to continue for another 14 days, their services may be disrupted up to 14th February 2011
If any British Airways customer contacts our call centre for assistance due to a cancelled Aer Lingus flight on their 125 ticket, the following re-booking/refund guidelines are available.
Advice for BA customers on CANCELLED Aer Lingus operated services
Rebook to the next available EI service to the same destination, up to 28th February 2011 after the scheduled departure time of the original flight. if the same booking class is not available then the lowest in class may be booked.
Refund the ticket purchased to the original form of payment
Advice for customers/agents
- Agents may have to check the EI website for details of further cancellations as UN status may not appear in the PNR due to the latest cancellations
- Please ask customers to check the Aer Lingus website for the latest information - www.aerlingus.com